RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ends Spark New Beginnings

On Sunday, I went for a concert in my teacher's house. Mr Colin Kingsley played for us.

[Biography]
He spent more than half his professional life in Edinburgh. Starting in the 60's in Edinburgh University, he retired as Senior Lecturer- this has given him the chance to concentrate more on piano teaching, recital performances and time to think up lecture topics. He played solo for BBC, solo pianist at Convent for The Royal Ballet in the ballets set to piano concertos and pianist-in-residence at the university.

Everyone who turned up paid RM50 to be donated to cancer prevention research.

The concert started with J.S. Bach's Prelude and Fugue in D major. Up next was Paderewski's Andantino E Grazioso and Andantino Mistico (I loved this one) from "Songs Of A Voyager". Then, there was Sonata in E Flat OP.31 No.3 from Beethoven (Allegro, Scherzo--Allegro Vivace, Tempo di Meneutto, Presto can fuoco). [Interval] Chopin's 2 waltzes in A flat OP.64 No.3 and in C Sharp Minor OP.64 NO.2. After that was Gabriel Faure's Nocturne No.6 in D Flat OP.63. Maurice Emmanual's Sonatine Bourguignonne was a very "dancy" song comprising of 4 movements:
Allegro con spirito
Branle a La Maniere de Bourgogne
Andante Semplice
Rondo a La Maniere Morvandelle

Nothing much happened yesterday EXCEPT that a few prefects from my class were supposed to take care of a few classes whose teacher vanished into thin air (did not come). Yea, I had to take care of 1 Belian and 1 Batai (first time I took care of a Form 1 class). All the time, I have NEVER took care of Form 1 classes before thanks to the Ass.Head Prefect (it's not funny, I'm just too lazy to type everything). 1 Belian was controllable [unlike their predecessors in 2007]. 1 Batai was the noisy one. Exactly like 2 Balau where you get no response no matter what you say. Chi Han was telling us (me, Ishwin, Syn Yee and Xie Wen) about her new class: 2 Balau. She yelled this: "Guys and girls!! You all better respond otherwise you are all "pondan" [gay/les]!!! Yep, there was no response. So she actually yelled "Pondan!!!!" at the class. VIOLENT PREFECT.

Finally there's today....I went for ballet exam and I missed school....that's why I had an excuse to use the computer. Anyway, I need to finish my civics project...

I googled 'Scott Chung'. To Shu Wen, Emily and Ghee Ken [and maybe some more people out there interested to know], he took part in the World Youth Scrabble Competition in Johor Bahru last year (4-6 December 2007, 22 rounds). Guess his ranking. 20th out of 54 contestants!!! And it's WORLD SCRABBLE. Spread? +199. But look at this: Currently ranked no. 1 is Toh Weibin from Singapore with a spread of +1023.

These people just have a knack in making other people feel useless.

YAP HAN JIE!!!!! GIVE ME YOUR BRAINS!!!!

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top