RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Piece of Crap (No pun intended)

I just came back from Penang today and boy, was I surprised.....

NO TRAFFIC JAM!!!

Quite amusing, especially since it's a Saturday. When we reviewed our stay in Penang, it was sunny throughout our stay and it never rained there. It was also burning hot, which opposes the facts the newspapers gave us. According to them, Penang experiences a temperature of 23 degrees Celsius at night. That is just unbelievable. Even Shenzhen's temperature was that!! Ironically, it's been raining nearly everyday back in our home sweet home.....

Okay, so when we got back, we saw that my aunt had brought in all the letters that suffered the wrath of the rain. I wondered if I had mail (internet slang!). Well, it seems I had.

It was from Roland, that piano competition I entered in January. I tore the letter open to check out it's contents. My heart told me it was going to be an apology letter...... "We regret to say that you did not manage to make it into the finals.......", you know, something like that. After all, I did screw up the first (and most important) note of the melody in the left hand. And besides, only 6 lucky contestants from the whole country would make it into the finals this year. Or at least, that's what they said. It was more than 6 last year (I didn't enter back then). There were already about 200 contestants in the Central (KL).

Amusingly, it started like "Warmest greetings and heartiest congratulations....." and went on to say that I made it. Then, I tried to convince myself that the rain water had evaporated all that made sense and magically replaced the words to make me happy. Obviously this had to be a joke. A very bad one indeed, since the finals is one day after my semester exams and my birthday. So much for "Happy Birthday in Advance", huh?

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top