RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's A Small World

School was great!

(Excluding the fact that everybody screwed up mid-term and that our marks were censored).

It's a small world where people suffer the same things.

"The answer scheme is so......narrow!! Why can't they--"
"Exactly!!"
"So why don't we protest?"
"Of course we have to protest."
"Then let's protest!!"
"Yes, we must!!"
"We must continue the legacy of the Cultural Revolution and stand up for students' rights!!"
"YES!!!"
"We must relive Tiannanmen Square in our country!!"
"YES!!"
"WHO'S WITH ME?!?!"

*Class stares in amusement ultimate respect*

*Joshua meekly lifts up his hand* : "Oh, me."
"Come on, 3 Batai! Show your enthusiasm!!"

*Class stares again*

Joshua : Oh, wait.....who are we protesting against again....?
"The government."
Joshua : Okay, I'm out.

*Bangs head on the white board* "STOP BEING MALAYSIANS!!!"

Somebody please explain our dormancy and indifference towards our rights.

Even Pn Lim SL, our moral teacher, is more enthusiastic about protesting for our rights than we are. We're so......indifferent.....shockingly so......

English was a big shock as well. The objective marks were next to hopeless (if "hopeless" is is having 5 mistakes, then my statement is literal). 4 mistakes were thanks to the fact that I thought "No Vistors" is used for VIPs. Seeing that Melissa got higher than me in objective, I suppose that she would beat me by more than 5 marks overall. According to my "keen" observation, Sha Lynn's, Melissa's and Timothy's essays gain more favour over mine. But then again (a big whoops here), it is also a little important to note that most of my class essays are less than 10 minutes worth of work, due to lack of interest in homework. Unfortunately for my composition book (which is currently suffering from Severe Achievement Reduction Syndrome), Most of the time, the essays are turned into poor experiments to gauge my own creativity.

For example, if you were supposed to write about being either "the old lady who needed a seat on the bus" or "the kind student who helped to old lady", I would choose to be neither and instead, prefer to write about me being a complete stranger in the scene, sleeping throughout the entire essay. Towards the end, I would awaken from the dead, turn aggressive and start pushing people out of my way to reach the door.

Oh dear, so much for creativity.

Theoretically, I can do the same for exams. Logically, it's an impossible feat, unless I'm aiming to be buried alive in my mother's apocalyptic tsunami of endless nagging. That would make me a super insane person. In any case, I still prefer to be an "ordinary insane person".

Considering the fact that I actually screwed up my objective questions, catching up at last seems fine, and to some extent, even miraculous. Pn Daljit must've found my achievement interesting, as I don't think I have actually written any serious class essays this year. (True enough, she told me I wrote very well, although I still think that it wasn't done very seriously). "Serious" is what I call a 3-page long (or 4-page long) essay. And "serious" is when no humourous word play is added into the essay. In some sense, I cannot write a "serious" essay.

Moving away from exam matters, Melissa and I went for some crazy Young Scientist competition today. This was the first time DJ is sending in a team for this competition, so we didn't quite know what to expect. Our time management was haywire and we couldn't finish the reports in time. We also started off with the hardest station, where we were supposed to do titration. The fact that their "little suckers", as we called it, were different from that of DJ didn't help matters very much.

Baseless Rumours : BUD3 won the competition, followed by Assunta and Sri Permata. The guy named Eric Samuel (another Samuel?!) from Sri Permata amusingly recognized Mel and I from the HELP debate workshop. Apparently, he knows Zi Chien and his schoolmates think DJ is some elite school or something. They said rumours were flying around alleging that DJ was a very good school and teachers give a lot of work to students. (DJians, heard that!!) I think what they meant was the exam-oriented thinking the teachers have successfully transmitted to us students. It's called a disease.

Choir Relations : Mel suspects the girl from BUD3 was from our district level choir competition. However, neither of us dared to ask her about it "in case she has a twin sister". And here comes the most interesting bit. Eric Samuel's mother was also one of our State Level Choir competition judge!!!!! Oh yeah.....as you can guess, Mel and I tried to get "useful" information out of him regarding the preposterous outcome of the competition, but to no avail. =/

Sigh. Small world, big problems.



LazyBones

2 Comment(s):

Melissa said...

hey, didnt have to post that "twin sister" thing X_X.

hahah. i like how you describe that pipette thing. "LITTLE SUCKERS" (that turned us into bigger suckers. lol)

Lii said...

Haha...yes, those little suckers.

.....And I mean that VERY literally.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top