RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Friday, June 5, 2009

Malaysian Choral Eisteddfod

MCE was considered quite interesting, although last year's one offered more lovable songs choices. However, people were more friendly this year. Or maybe it's because I took more photos of the other choirs.

My nametag was really off the planet and thanks to Zi Ying and her grand ideas, my identity has been revealed to human technology. Zi Ying was supposed to "carry me" in front of a Seafield guy's camcorder. Due to lack of guts, we ended up just showing our nametags to Justin's camcorder. They were weird enough to compensate the circus show. Species : Harmonix A. I probably can't get weirder than this.

The 2 weirdos Samuel and Wei Le weren't there, so apparently I couldn't fool around as much (these people talk nonsense as much as I do). At least, Samuel Tee wasn't here. There were other Samuels involved in the web, though. Our pianist was Samuel Tan (Roland Open Category 2009 champ). A guy who played the viola looked like Wee Shien's classmate, Samuel. He also resembled Wee Shien's cousin's cousin, another Samuel. So, there are 4 Samuels involved plus a guy who look like 2 of the Samuels. Confusing? My head hurts now.

Anyway, we sang Handel's coronation songs for the kings in the olden days. Very long songs, and very baroque. The lyrics doesn't suit us well and we cut out a lot of parts since we had trouble singing them. Handel must be squirming in his grave. What are they doing to my compositions?

As Zi Ying put it, Handel must be "de-composing" in his grave (pun intended).

In a nutshell, we sang sarcastic songs and all the people rejoiced. Alleluia. [Inside joke, only for MCE participants].

Other achievements : After some debating, I've convinced Zi Ying that violence is not the way out for things.........

PS : Pictures will be out soon
PPS : "Soon" is not defined


LazyBones

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top