RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Misunderstood

Dogs aren't supposed to eat chocolate. But some do, and face the consequences, paying the price with their innocently dumb lives. So if you love your dog, don't give it the "mercury potion".

My parents unwittingly commited crime by buying chocolate biscuits for Lost-N-Found Miracle dog, Silkie. After wasting their money, they were quite insistent on Silkie eating the darn biscuits, to my great dissent. It's been going on for a few days and luckily (after some thorough researching), chocolate biscuits don't contain enough Theobromine (the deadly chemical) to kill your dog, unless consumed in lethal amounts (I don't know how much that is). It's not only dogs that are affected, though. Small animals that metabolize chocolate slowly are also at risk (although dogs are the more common victims, seeing that they are closer to man). Oh, and dark chocolate is worse than the highly refined chocolates.

It was only natural that I resented giving my dog these biscuits eventhough it's not given in lethal amounts (we mix her "treats" with other stuffs, by the way) and she doesn't eat them very often. But today, just before we went out for dinner, my mum gave Silkie her treats (inclusive of the killer biscuits). I couldn't do anything much except yell at Silkie so as not to eat them, since we were leaving the house. I knew this hungry little monster would eat anything on her bowl as long as it's not her boring, old "main course", so I begrudged myself for letting her get away with this.

When we returned, it was a surprise to find that Silkie finished everything--except the chocolate biscuits. Oh yay, she understood me!! (She normally finishes the biscuits anyway). But she didn't today! Smart dog. Now, I refuse to believe that she's anything other than a dog prodigy. I must start teaching her how to read soon, before other dogs surpass her level of understanding......


LazyBones

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top