RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Once

An early rest was what I got,
Before that day of gloom,
But sleep just could not cure the thought,
Of facing a lifetime's doom.

In school we held our faiths together,
To hell's mouth in a show of strength,
Thankfully, we got some hope and prayer,
Instead of dying hanged.

A feverish scent was no consolation,
For our underpaid, overworked hands,
Little did we know it would haunt us again,
Really, that sanitizer stank!

Darth Vader was suddenly feeling kind,
And decided to give blue masks to us,
To face off challenges that we would find,
Or maybe just to mend his blunders.

BM was on the average side,
Paper two remains the worry,
English did nothing to balance my pride,
An average revenge does not seem worthy.

Maths still ranks as number one,
Let's pray no carelessness be found,
Science in paper one was fun,
But subjective makes me down.

Geography's a happy subject,
The answers have been leaked,
While History might not be perfect,
I'm sure I was not (that) freaked.

KH was alright I told myself,
Let's hope I'm not surprised,
Bets I've made to console myself,
If I'm sad I'll get a prize.

A day has passed without my knowledge,
Whereby I've gone obsessively insane,
This is what exams do to those my age,
But now I won't complain.

It's hard to believe that here we are,
Winning a war of pointless wit,
From wrecks of ruin we've come so far,
Forget the past 'cos we've made it.

Note : I did not scream "Merdeka!", as I have initially planned. If I did that, I would be labelled The Extraordinary Idiot. Unfortunately for you, that's not what I want.

LazyBones

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top