RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Introduction and Reconstruction

Alright, so i've got a blog.....now what? I guess i need elements of insanity and nonsense in it. Oh well....it's precisely 2.11pm in Singapore now. This blog was created out of boredom and willingness to save the moments of my travelling life. As you all know, I am going to be away for almost the whole month of December, starting my so-called adventures on the 30th of Nov 2007. It was a trip to Penang for 4 days, to celebrate my father's cousin's wedding. It was on the 2nd of Dec but the dinner was on the first due to full bookings in the hotel. After that was a 3-day rest followed by a hectic day to Singapore. Let's just say i woke up extremely late leaving my aunt to wait outside my house under the "comfort" of the drizzling rain. I woke up 45 minutes before my actual departure from 1 Utama (yes, the shopping complex). Oh well......the blame goes to my computer for making me addicted to it. No worries though, my cousin's house already has 7 monitors, roughly 4 CPUs. Apart from that, I have seen my cousin's relative's wedding. Mind you it's in Singapore. It's rather different from that of a Malaysian wedding. It seems Singaporean are much more supportive. Nice food too but I must admit that all wedding dinners are just splendid. The dessert was the best (as usual). It was yam paste. Ok, maybe some of you (most would be exact) would find that disgusting......but i DO have a weird sense of taste. My aunt's going back to M'sia today. In my short stay in S'pore, I have indulged myself in my cousin's books. So far I have read 2 murder stories by Agatha Christie which, according to my cuz, are one of her best works, the first being "And Then There Were None" followed by "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd". The first one was really great. There were 8 people who each received an invitation letter to an exotic island, Soldier Island. There were 2 servants on the island serving for Mr Ulick Norman Owen and Mrs Una Nancy Owen. Strangely, the owners of the island were not there.....and even stranger was that none of the invited people have seen or known the owners. Notice that the initials are the same in husband and wife and if stretched, becomes UNOwen, thus, UNKNOWN. One by one, the people on the island were murdered. A judge pointed out that the murderer might be amongst them and everyone should be cautious. The weird thing was that the mass murder was based on a nursery rhyme about 10 soldiers. It turned out to be the judge himself who "invented" this murder. He pretended to be the 5th victim but instead lived to everyone else died first. He killed himself in the end to make the case even more mysterious and unsolvable. He confessed everything on a piece of paper rolled up in a bottle and tossed it out to sea.

Ten little soldier boys went out to dine,
One choked his little self and then there were Nine.

Nine little soldier boys sat up very late,
One overslept himself and then there were Eight.

Eight little soldier boys travelling in Devon,
One said he'd stay there and then there were Seven.

Seven little soldier chopping up sticks,
One chopped himself in half and then there were Six.

Six little soldier boys playing with a hive,
A bumble bee stung one and then there were Five.

Five little soldier boys going in for law,
One got in Chancery and then there were Four.

Four little soldier boys going out to sea,
A red herring swallowed one and then there were Three.

Three little soldier boys walking in the zoo,
A big bear hugged one and then there were Two.

Two little soldier boys sitting in the sun,
One got frizzled up and then there was One.

One little soldier boy left all alone,
He went and hanged himself
AND THEN THERE WERE NONE.

Catchy huh? soldier island and soldiers..........

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top