RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Last Visit Here

Yesterday, my 2 aunts, my uncle and his soon-to-be wife came over to my house to fetch us to dinner. My father was oustation so he couldn't come along. We ate at Pantai Restaurant....somewhere along the Jogathon road, if I'm not mistaken. This place is well-known for quality seafood (and overall food). Unofrtunately, this place "lags" customer service. When I say "lagging", I mean it.

When we reached the restaurant, it was the same as what it looked like the last time I went there (which was 2 years ago, by the way). We were greeted with the aroma of people's dishes. I was not aware that my aunt had already booked a place for us earlier. We were led upstairs.

The first thing we noticed was that our table only had 4 chairs. Well, that wasn't a problem, we thought. We'll get them ourselves. We looked through the menu....and ordered our drinks. After deciding on what we wanted to order, my aunts called several waiters over. The only problem was that every waiter we called just stared at us as if they haven't seen a human talk before....We had to wait for more than 30 minutes just for someone to take our few orders.

We were all thinking, "Hey, maybe they're not so bad after all...". But all it took was another 10 minutes to change our minds.

After taking our orders, we requested for our cutlery, which, in our case, was invisible on our table. I'm not sure if all cutlery here were invisible, but we had to be sure. So again, we asked waiters to come to our aid. But then again, our wise dining experts here haven't seen humans tlak before. Ahh, we should have realised this right from the beginning. No worries. We have limbs to walk around and serve our own selves.

Yup, the food arrived 30+ minutes late as I had predicted. By then, I was busy writing comments on the restaurants suggestion slip. My aunt gave the ratings while I wrote all the crappy comments. I was sarcastic at one point where I questioned if this was a self-service restaurant. When I was done, I gave the slip of paper to my aunt for "The Final Touch-Up". What she wrote will never fail to instill a sarcastic sense of humour in me.

"This will be our last visit to this restaurant".

Wow. Written by my aunt. Amusing that she has such a great sense of humour unlike most adults. After that, she wanted to clarify her stand and decided to write "Your service is very terrible" in Chinese. She thought she knew how to write it in Chinese Characters, but sadly, her memory failed her. So, I helped out with "ni men de........". Those were all I knew, haha. So, the big impression she wanted to portray was punctured by this "Chinglish" sentence:

"Ni Men De.............. service is very terrible".

That was fun, you know?

By the way, I saw Pn Chen there before we left.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top