RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Friday, July 25, 2008

Freedom: Crap Week

To say that many things have happened this week is an understatement. The whole crap started on Monday.

Monday
We had a formal assembly today. Funnily, the teachers didn't know about it. So, roughly 10 minutes waiting for them to turn up, Pn Wong ordered the class monitors to call the teachers to the hall. Smart. When the assembly DID start, it seems that Datin didn't turn up at all. At this point, it seems stupid that we even have a formal assembly without the Datin. After assembly was the usual Bacaan period. This period was especially crucial on that day as there was English literature after the period. Most "Bataians" were clearly rushing to complete the 3rd question on page 34 of Light on Lit: POTO [Phantom of the Opera](yes, I can remember it because I fooled around too much on that page).....But not me. You see, I WAS supposed to concentrate on it too. I already had an idea of what I wanted to write. I sat next to Cassandra and she was doing the same thing. When I was about to start writing out my opinion, Cas drank my brain juice. Almost literally. She started criticising the literature questions and questioning the right to give opinions. And that drove my mind completely out of topic. What Cas wrote:

Q: In your opinion, did Christine Daae kiss Erik on her own free will or did she force herself to do so in order to save Raoul's life?
A: She did both. [Obviously Cassandra's one was more elaborative but this was the overall answer she gave]

Within 10 minutes, this is what I came up with (Some were inspired by Tim's bro, Mr Aaron Sim, working as a temporary teacher too):

Q: In your opinion, did Christine Daae kiss Erik on her own free will or did she force herself to do so in order to save Raoul's life?
A: In my opinion, this question is highly ambiguous. Besides, I find it virtually impossible for any living mortal to shorten a 1000+ paged novel into a teeny book less than 100 pages specially for little kids. Because of this fact, I find that the story lacks details.

But before I give your mind complete peace, I would like to point out that this question is very atrocious and I REFUSE to give full co-operation to answer this question. By the way, shortening this high-classed novel is an INSULT to Sir Gaston Leroux. Bear that in mind before you deduct 10 marks from this section. If you read the question carefully, it is clearly stated that I give MY opinion and not the opinion YOU want to see. Therefore, you do not have the rights to deduct ANYTHING from this section. Let's review the marking scheme. If I get a spelling mistake, no marks should be deducted too because in MY opinion, this is how the spelling should go. Should I spell "susceptible" as "suseptible", the teacher marking my paper should not deduct any marks from my answer as this is MY opinion of the spelling of the word. If this is the scheme, the question for this section would be deemed useless as you automatically gain 10 marks by just writing down a simple sentence like "I will leave this to you to decide as I have no idea myself". Conclusion? We should not have any questions to do with literature. Then, we would save paper. Ultimately, we would end up saving trees. It is also well-knowned that the BM paper 2, Question 4 ALSO includes stupid questions like these. We should not have those sort of questions too. Besides, having those questions would only affect many other things. Imagine the number of pupils sitting for an exam. EVERY PAGE XEROXED COUNTS. Apart from saving paper, we would also be able to save our pen ink. It means we buy less pens. We save more. We save our economy..........blablabla.....I will leave this column blank for you to decide yourself. (I'm sorry, Ghee Ken, I can't continue anymore due to "Too-many-things-to-write"ness).


It was back to a normal day after that.

Tuesday
I woke up with a headache. My head felt heavy--could be caused by the tons of crap gathered in my head the previous day. I couldn't turn up for school because my head was just so heavy. I caught up on news during the afternoon. Couldn't go to school. Politics in M'sia is getting dumber and less convincing. All it takes is a little common sense to see what BN was planning. Planning to frame Anwar and that's for sure. They even stated a new law was to be created after Anwar refused to give his DNA sample in case he was framed up. The new law states that you HAVE to give your DNA sample to aid a criminal case. It's all 1998 once again (if you didn't know what happened back then, go ask your parents). I eventually found out today that Tunku Abdul Rahman was not to be blamed for creating such a racist country. He was actually the one who wanted to create an equal Malaysia. He did not cast Singapore out so harshly but instead, Lee Kuan Yew was the one who wanted to be out of M'sia. It was Tun Abdul Razak who started forming a racist country and extended the meaning of "seditious comment", which, a few decades later, is being used against all of us, namely Raja Petra. In any case, it's a coincidence he's Najib's father.

Wednesday
Hypothesis: Ishwin goes crazy during art period.

Observation:

Liiyung was not present during one of the art periods and so, missed a topic. She asks Ishwin to lend her the holy art book to copy from it. Ishwin gives an excuse which included Saddam Hussein. This is when things go upside down. Liiyung retaliates by stating that Saddam Hussein was hanged and is currently dead. Ishwin says, "Do not insult Saddam Hussein" (obviously using my "insulting" technique she acquired on Monday [look above]). After several attempts of weird excuses, Ishwin asks for a password. Please. Thank you. Ishwin. Prefects suck. Badge. Book. Pen. Liiyung. Art. Copy. (Getting restless now) SADDAM HUSSEIN!!!!. Ishwin starts laughing and say No. She then said, "Say HI to Louis and see what he says".

Liiyung: Hi, Louis.
Louis: What?
Liiyung: I said "HI"!!!!
Ishwin: She's insulting you.

-.-"

A few more attempts to know the password. Then, Ms Ting, the replacement teacher, told us to pass up our books. Ishwin took her book and went to pass it up. Wilson put his book on top of hers. Everyone else was still copying. I went up to tell teacher that I wanted to borrow someone's book and will pass up th------*Cut short by Ms Ting as she slams Wilson's book into my face (not literally)*. Oh, right....but I was thinking more about settling with Ishwin's book. So, I took her's instead and put Wilson's book back onto the pile and went back to my place.

Ishwin knew her book wasn't on the top and asked, "Who's book is that?"
Liiyung answers cheekily: Yours!!! Muahahahahhahahhaha.
Ishwin: I thought Wilson's book was on top of mine!!
Liiyung: I trust the contents of your book more.
Ishwin: You're insulting Wilson's book!!
Liiyung: Excuse me, I didn't say anything. I just said I trust your book more!!
Ishwin: *Walks up to Wilson* Liiyung insulted your book!!!
Liiyung: Hey, don't you have anything better to do?!?!?!?!?
Wilson: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Liiyung: It's obvious she's lost her mind!!!
Ishwin *not keeping cool*: I'm serious!! She insulted your book!!! You must beat her up!!!
Liiyung: You obviously do not trust her. Remember to beat her up later...or another day.
Wilson: OK *nods head* (As in agree with me)
*Ishwin walks away disappointed that she lost the battle*
*Wilson stands up*: Liiyung, so you're having my book?
Liiyung: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Don't let Ishwin confuse you!!!

Conclusion: Ishwin goes crazy during Art period. For more evidence, please refer to the previous post about Ishiwn and her hideous drawing. Please be cautious during this period as safety is not guaranteed.

During Moral period, there was a pause whereby Cik Nurhafiza orders silence in the class. Someone says loudly: "Kebebasan bersuara", which I think is one of the moral values. That was smart. Ingenious. You've made student-kind proud. Do it again.

Thursday
As the guardian of the deserted Pavillion, I gave permission to the librarians to have their meeting there. Joseph asked me if I knew the time Joel Leow was getting public caning. Looks like he just got back from his 3-day "rest" from school. He got digantung for 3 days. That was so fun. I was looking forward to it--that is, if it were to happen. Which it won't--ultimately. There was a long lecture from Cik Farah during assembly.....and nobody listened to it. Even Gwen, who was pretending to listen. Everything I asked her was replied with a shrug and a stare into space. There was spotcheck today but I didn't participate in the check because I had other things to attend to. Besides, spotchecking in the hall wasn't any fun. Only 2-3 classes would be left behind.

After recess, I went to the class I was in charge of. There was this guy blocking the class with the grill door and acting like a monkey. Gosh, what could I say? He pointed out that the whole class was going down for KH anyway, which leaves me free--not to mention the monkey-boy free to frolic around too. Science wasn't very encouraging today. Pn Asma rearranged the whole class's sitting position in the lab to avoid us students forming cliques. Those in the very front table (all goody-goodies) were supposed to be separated. I thought I would lose the great place I got right now--right under teacher's nose. Haha. Yes, I know, I know. But I wasn't the only one who didn't want to change. All those on my table were alike. Emily [Chye], Ghee Ken, Ishwin, Timothy, Jhia Yim, Cassandra, Patricia and me myself wanted this holy spot. We all view the world from a different perspective. Being right under the teacher's nose puts you in a situation where the teacher won't suspect you or punish you if you talked too loudly or anything. Whilst if you were in the second row onwards, you would be constantly bugged for being noisy eventhough the noise was coming from the first row, which is true (hahahahahahaha.....losers!!). By being in the first row, you place yourself in the innocent's shoes and nobody blames you for anything, even if you were responsible for 75% of the noise in the class.

When Pn Asma placed the first 4 boys in the table right at the back, I knew I was safe and need not move an inch. At this point, Jhia Yim and I felt good to have names starting with "Y". We DID maintain at the same table. And this is where the complications come in. Cassandra changed with Chi Han because Cas wanted Jhia Yim's company and Chi Han accompanied Angeline. Patricia swapped with Ang Li Li to grab a place next to Cas. Ishwin, along with her crazy-for-learning mind, swapped with Tan Mei Hui (if that's how you spell it). Ghee Ken went a step further and carefully strategized his seat-plotting postion. This ended up with swapping Syn Yee and Jun Jade (I'm not sure if someone else was included). This made him have the liberty of staying in the front row permanently. Delon argued with Pn Asma that Louis, who was on the same table as him, would stalk him. This made him get the front row too.

When the lesson started (officially), all the goody-goodies who previously occupied the front row returned to it again. Emily said it made no difference as they would still come back since they couldn't see clearly form behind.

At the end of the day, no public caning took place. RATS.

I figured out Batai is the tree with the thin leaves and yellow flowers. I can't believe that I've been seeing this plant eversince I was 4 and not know it's name. It look's like a rain tree (pink flowers) except that the flowers of the Batai tree is yellow. I feel so disloyal to my class. I bet other Bataians don't know this either.

Friday
The newspaper shows that the Malaysian government has told the American government off so as not to interfere in the Anwar case, which they found to be politically motivated. Kudos to the US Gvt for standing up for M'sian public. Besides, I believe in suzerainty (right of a country to rule over another country).Our government should know that we, the citizens, are not uneducated and that we know what's going on. This whole joke, including dialogues within UMNO and PAS, the Bala and Anwar's case to divert attention from the Altantuya murder case involving Najib. Common sense, people. Common sense.

I came to school and found out from Ching Xie and Melissa that on Thursday, Wai Kheong recited one of the BM literature poems to Wan Theng, a girl he liked in 2 Belian. He modified a bit of the poem here and there. He even kneeled down to her too!!!! This sent 2 Belian into laughing mode as Chingx said they laughed 4 periods non-stop. Who would ever think Wai Kheong would do this!!!! It is every SKTM alumni's horror movie to think that he would go this far. Come on, it's just infatuation anyway. Even Pn Julie, their BM teacher was laughing....and shocked to see this. Oh, hahaha.

During English period, we did an unusual activity involving dictionaries, word meanings and spelling. At the end of the lesson, Pn Angie said that she hoped she could do this more often as it helps us improve and widen our lexis. Such as "palindrome", which means a word or a phrase that reads the same backwards and forwards. Example: Nurses run. Madam. Hannah.
She said it's OK even if we're not so good at it because she doesn't expect us to be walking, talking dictionaries. At this point, Ghee Ken, the scrabble fanatic pointed out that Scott Chung was an exception. Then all 3 scrabblers from my class bursted out laughing. Maybe Emily wasn't so loud (or long either), but she sure got it. I think no one else understood that statement.

When I got into the car after school, my mother said: "I'm sorry, I have to tell you the bad news".

The first things which raced through my mind in the one second I was given to absorb this new information were these:
1. Papa's car is stolen
2. The house burnt down, which also means our neighbours lost their homes too
3. I got bad results for something (definitely out as all results were out and I didn't sit for violin exam yet)
4. Important documents were stolen from our house
5. There is a thief in the house with a gun
6. A terrible jam happening everywhere in the country

(Poof) Imagination over

SILKIE IS LOST SILKIE IS LOST SILKIE IS LOST SILKIE IS LOST SILKIE IS LOST SILKIE IS LOST SILKIE IS LOST SILKIE IS LOST SILKIE IS LOST SILKIE IS LOST

The minute I heard that, I cried. And that was still within the vicinity of the school. Students stared into the car (actually, I didn't really notice--I just hope not). People were walking here and there and I was in the car crying. My mother explained that she let Silkie out at that time. Then, she wanted to water the plants and opened the gate a bit. Before she knew it, that stupid dog ran out into the wild. She chased the mad, black, fuzzy thing around screaming her head off. Yes, I'm pretty sure neighbours would have heard. That dog barely knows her way around the neighbourhood. Okay, okay, I won't elucidate anymore. Let's just settle with "Silkie is gone". We looked around the housing area and even into the Taman Megah shophouses area. No small shadow was to be seen. Poor little dog. Wish you luck out there, whereever you are. If you want to come home, you're always welcomed.

Here, we learn that we have the freedom to voice out our opinions of things. We also have the rights to earn our freedom by breaking away from the past like my dog. May the future hold better things for us.

The event is tomorrow. Luck is needed. Tensions running high. Composition incomplete. I will survive.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top