RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Friday, September 19, 2008

Ice

Have you ever went to a Chinese restaurant and your kiddy instinct takes over you? Wait, let me paraphrase that.

Have you ever went to a Chinese restaurant and started to play with the chopsticks, toothpicks and ice there? Maybe not now, but what about when you were 3+ years old????

If you haven't, you might as well read this post about my unusual liking towards Chinese restaurants because of all these things. Ever since I was young, I just LOVED to play with chopsticks and hit them on the other dining utensils as if I was a professional drummer. To make the cymbals come to life, it was a matter of placing the plates on top of the cups at the correct angle. Well, the great thing was that I wasn't banging the door of people's privacy. AND, I was just a kid back then. Waaaaaaaaaaaay back then.

What about the toothpicks, you ask. Well, I'd make a special request for toothpicks right before we eat. Then, I'll take about 10 toothpicks out and start breaking them.....to spell out my name.

And the ice? Trust me, you don't want to know about this one. It'll make you disgusted. Imagine a small kid playing with ice, throwing it everywhere like meteors crashing down on to Earth, it's fiery hot head and tail destroying everything in it's path. Imagine the adults, running away from the fallen stars, seeking refuge from the child's wrath, and some even, pleading for mercy, begging the child relentlessly to free them from the clutches of evil. Nevertheless, the child prevails, ignoring those frantic calls from the adults. The kid knows what it wants. Gigantic avalanches of pure ice slides down mountains everywhere. Glaciers (ice lakes) form and shift about in the new land in Ice Age that's about to be formed. A blizzard is brewed up with the aid of mystical forces the child has acquired through rituals. As all hell breaks loose, the adults go mad and leave for the bathroom. Now, the child is King of the World.

=.="

OBVIOUSLY it's all exaggerated. But you get the point. I used to throw ice everywhere and even catapulted them using my spoon, just as you see it in cartoons. And yea, I slide the ice on the table too, which forms rivers.

Ok, well.....now you know about my habits, we'll go to the dinner tonight. It's not a formal dinner...Just a family one. Went to some restaurant.....don't know the name because it was just too high to be seen. Either that, or I unconsciously disregarded it because it was in chinese. I'm not sure. Anyway, I LOVE this restaurant. Why? Because it was famous for Sang Har Min, or Giant Prawns Noodles. And I love it. Perfection.

Andddddddd at the end.....yup, you guessed it. ICE TIME. Well, it wasn't half as disruptive or destructive as how it was years ago, but hey, who can imagine someone my age playing ice at the dinner table??

DID YOU KNOW THAT MOTHERY MEANS SLIMY????

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top