RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Saturday, September 20, 2008

You Come Here to Dine?

Well, I hope your answer is an honest "No" because if that's the main reason you're here, you're really at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Why do I say that? It's because I just had a heavy dinner and now, I'm going to write my opinion (rather like an essay) about culinary indulgences.

After my heavy meal, I was just wondering about how obesity became a global issue. The media (and almost everyone living now) is always somehow pushing all the faults to the fast food industry, namely McDonalds. But come on, we can't really blame jolly ol' Ronald McDonald all the time, can we? Or maybe Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) shares the load sometimes together with Shakey's Pizza, Domino's and other existing outlets from other countries? And do you notice how it was the Westerners who got the problems first? Don't get me wrong here. I'm just trying to point out reality to you, although I didn't mean to stick it right in front of your nose, especially if you so happen to be a Westerner.

Fast food can't really be blamed, as I said. After all, what other choices do the Westies have? Steak, bacon, grill and other gigantic meats. Other than those? So now you see, they are actually desperate to come up with stuff to eat. The Eastern Chinese are not really affected in foody terms thanks to variety. Though I don't really see rice as the saviour......and that's because I'm not designed to consume more than 64 cm cube of rice a day. I'll end up with a fatally full stomach.

Back to the point. We should just create a new type of food rather than stick to junkies. So, let's create a new genre of food and devote it to me, since I made the suggestion first =)

Now, let's shift the topic to choir. You are now permitted to grab a drink as this might start getting you a little bore, especially if you're not involved. Thanks to Wei Le, a fellow Seafielder friend, we now hold the key to a better future for our decomposing choir association. The secret now lies with Norman after I told him yesterday in school. All we do now is wait faithfully to see if we might do it. After all, Norman seemed pretty interested in the idea of doing it. It might just work. Then our junior choir can finally be renowned for something.

And the talk about music reminded me. I can't upload a great piano song just because it's MP4 and my minipod (sidebar) plays MP3. This sucks. To all you music-uneducated people, you may get away with it this time, but trust me, I'll get back on you guys and make you suffer from the fast, leggiero (light) touch of the good-tempered pianoforte. You might even have a chance of falling in love with the music the first time you hear it. I'll find a way to upload it, I will.

I'll be back.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top