RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Monday, November 10, 2008

The Entertainer

I have once again mysteriously absented myself from school. Well, it's not that mysterious actually. I had this "audition" whereby I had to play my composition. It was one out of 46 compositions that got selected in the country. So even if I don't get it, I'm not THAT disappointed. Most people take approximately 6 months to compose their nonsense. My nonsense was worth 2 months of "hard work". Not too bad.....I think.

I also spent the whole day with my four-year old cousin. He and his family came back from Canada on Saturday. He was really really happy when we said we could give him all my ancient toys. Everyone would be happy then....since there's no one else in my immediate family who would inherit the wealth of my toys. Might as well make someone happy.

After my audition, we went to the pet shop to amuse little Shane (my cuz). The results would be out much much later as they have to decide a few songs out of 46.

We all took Silkie for a walk in the evening. Halfway, I saw Pn Ng outside her house talking to a few of her students. I called out to her and my mother ended up talking a lot about DJ to her. And at last, somebody has finally pointed out my great faking skills. Everyday in Standard 6, I had been a noisy little troublemaker. And I thought every teacher knew that I was noisy. I was obviously proven wrong when Pn Ng said that I was a "very quiet student" last time. Tragic. And I thought my reputation as a noisy nut was certified...But hey, at least I had a great time being noisy without the fear of being blacklisted as talkative by my teachers. My mother had other "explanations" in mind. If you want to be noisy, go all out and be noisy. THAT'S an advice from a parent. Amusing. I'm now eligible to involve myself in disciplinary cases all out. Yay.

After walking one round, Silkie, Shane and I were thirsty like mad. My mother wanted me to control Shane and Silkie near the roadside while she gets us something to drink from Sunlink, a shop nearby. I OBJECT!! Honestly, no one in their right minds would want to propose such a preposterous idea especially in this all-rounder country. And when I say "all-rounder", it's all-rounder in a sinful, corrupted way. We might be kidnapped =/. And the 4 of us made our way to Sunlink.

There, we found a guy having a coffee promotion. Seeing that I was old enough to drink it, I grabbed a cup and gulped down everything. I pitied Shane as he was too young to drink the stuff. I thought it to be a little heavy on him. I took a second cup and drank halfway. When my thirst was gone, I let Silkie have a go at it. Sure enough, the fuzzy black thing finished the rest of my drink. We went home later to get Shane a drink.

Then, we headed over to the park and played for a while. I gave Shane a chance to hold Silkie. Suddenly, he freaked out and let go of Silkie's leash. Silkie was suddenly overcome by euphoria and started running like a furball gone mad (not that she's not already mad...). That very nearly cracked me. I started screaming like nobody's business and all those in the park at that moment turned their heads towards the mad hatter yelling her head off. Curious heads popped out of windows like mushrooms.

I remembered that I wasn't supposed to run as Silkie would think I'm playing with her. So I stopped. Silkie slowed down too. She sniffed some stuff on the ground. I opened my arms as if I was hugging her. She got excited and ran towards me. I didn't beat her since I've read somewhere that if I do so, my dog wouldn't come to me the next time in fear of being punished. I petted and hugged her. Shane came up and told him not to let go of Silkie next time eventhough he was frightened because she won't bite anyone.

Shane, engulfed in shock and guilt made his way back to the swings and stayed there by himself. We tried consoling him. I didn't even blame him anyway since I knew he was afraid of Silkie. He was only consoled when we offered to play the see-saw with him. Little kids. Haha. So fun.

And......I just realised that I'm not wearing my prefect uniform anymore since I've missed school today and AM going to miss school on Friday as well. Blame the music auditions whose organizers have very bad timings.

At night, my father performed a miracle when he finally made Shane brave enough to face Silkie.

BATAIANS PLEASE HELP ME GET MY MARKS. THANK YOU.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top