RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Friday, May 22, 2009

American Idol 8

American Idol Season 8 has come and gone.

Now, I can finally take pride in my "special ability" to predict wrong American Idols, seeing that I have done so for 4 consecutive seasons. From Chris Daughtry (season 5) to Blake Lewis (6), from David Archuleta (7) to Adam Lambert. They were succeeded by Taylor Hicks (5), Jordin Sparks (6), David Cook (The Epic Battle of the Davids) and now, Kris Allen. Either I have a knack for choosing the "wrong" Idol, or it's America. (Don't throw eggs at me, okay?!!)

I'm not a die-hard fan of the show, but the difference this year is Adam Lambert. There's just no telling what's he going to do next. Everything's a surprise. He's the most consistent singer throughout the whole season and is probably the strongest contestant in Idol history. Yes, I know he screeches, if that's what you Kris Allen fans are going to say, but the screeching does not affect his performance (it just adds more colour) nor does it overshadow his musical talents.


I do admit that the top 4 contestants (Kris Allen [1], Adam Lambert [2], Danny Gokey [3], Allison Iraheta [4]) were really good, but Adam was one notch above them all (make that two notches). I acknowledge that Kris is good, but Adam is better. He is musically talented, but not as talented as his fellow finalist. Kris's singing and his version of "No Boundaries" was good, but Adam's was milestones ahead, so there's no excuse that Kris's ending song made him get the votes. Really, who said this song only fitted Kris? I thought Adam was way better. (I'm aware that some prefer Kris's voice to Adam's, but it's the singing, the music and the talent that's supposed to determine the winner.)

To me, Adam deserved the title more than anyone else.

On the other side of the camp, Kris really rose to the occassion. He just kept getting better and better. I especially liked Apologize and Heartless. Maybe the votes swung halfway......?

But anyway, it's over. Yeah, I can probably accept Kris as the next American Idol. (I told you I'm not that much of an A.I. fanatic). But I can also rest assured that Adam Lambert is the real idol in the eyes of the world.

I know that there are some people enjoying/fuming over the results.

Let's hear what you have to say........

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top