RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Inspirational Essays

There are many English Freaks in my school. Most of them are really logically challenged. So, it's no surprise that they come up with "sensational" essays. If you think all teenagers are a boring bunch of people accompanied with passive thinking, then here are some creative ideas to prove your stand wrong.

Ordinary instructions:

You have to go to the railway station to meet your cousin. Since there is no local bus service, you go by taxi instead. Write about your journey to the railway station and the surroundings. Your essay must not be less than 100 words.

The expected essay:

I had to go to the railway station to meet my cousin. I hailed a taxi and got in. As we drove down the road, I saw shops on my left. Soon, we reached a roundabout. Going clockwise, we took the second exit off the roundabout onto Jalan Ambang. On my left I saw a football field that was full of people. Further down the road, I saw a playground that was also full of people. We reached a set of traffic lights. We turned right. I looked out the window and noticed a big shopping complex. At the T-junction at the end of the road, we turned left. The petrol station on my left was full of people. And just ahead of the petrol station was my destination -- the railway station.

Note that the paragraph above contains 133 words -- more than the number of words specified. It also contains all the points, as well as copious amounts of boringness. -The English Freak-

And these were the ideas of famous EF Khoo Ghee Ken and his eccentric cohorts from 3 Balau:

1) Ultraman landed on the football field and started fighting some huge exotic alien wildlife.

2) I left home driving my lorry, which was filled with TNT. I rushed to the railway station, but accidently crashed into the petrol station, causing my face, as well as many others', to be published in the newpaper obituary.

3) I left home driving my lorry, which was filled with TNT, and crashed into the petrol station again. However, due to the fact that I was King Leoric, I survived the crash and explosion.

4) I decided to drive out of the map since I figured that it would be a faster way to the railway station.

5) I found out about a horrible traffic jam, and decided to hire a jet instead.

Bravo, 3 Balau-ans, bravo! You have earned my everlasting respect for your eccentricity. May you pass/fail your exams with FAILING colours.

Conclusion:
1. Teenagers have violently active minds.
2. Exaggeration is a trillion times worse than understatements. (*Nudgenudgewinkwink*)


LazyBones

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top