RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

History Eludes Me

I can perform in front of a crowd of hundreds of people, but can't do so in front of 2 people in an enclosed room.

I can feel at home with hundreds of eyes staring me down, but not with 2 people who don't even look at me.

I can speak in front of the entire class, make announcements and talk with people I don't even know, but when it comes to those 2 people sitting in front of me, I speak like a kid.

Those 2 people are weird humans.

In the lift on the 6th floor, that same man in the room with the "hippie hairstyle" walked in and said "Hello", before screaming that he was in the wrong lift as the doors were closing.

Meet my examiners. They seemed like very friendly people, but the mighty pen and paper spoils their image.

The graded exams were held on the 3rd floor while the diploma ones were on the 23rd, the highest floor. The view was very nice indeed, save the big black box I would be banging on. I was initially misguided to the graded exams section, before being hurried off to the top floor. Indeed, there were very few people sitting for DipABRSM. On the page of a normal graded exam, there would be more than 10 names on one sheet of paper. Here, there were only 3.

To make the impression that it wasn't that empty, these guys enlarged our names to freaky proportions which seemed to eat the whole page away.

The girl before me was taking the violin exam. Her pianist was the very famous Su Mei. Luckily, we were acquainted with her and she could calm me down.

I absolutely decline to comment about how the exam went, but here's a pointer:
Roland, Ng Chong Lim and the other judges have to publicly explain how a pianistic failure grabbed the runner-up. I myself am not convinced. =/ Even if I am, I don't know why my historical courage is eluding me.

When you finally think that sight-reading a grade 6 piece is better than playing your prepared pieces, you're really dead meat.

And now, just when I'm planning to pick up the history book again, it goes missing.

LazyBones

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top