RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ludwig van Beethoven

Beethoven is a dangerous man who composed weapons of mass destruction. No cases of dying or tortured students who played with his deadly weapons have been recorded throughout history, but I suspect that the numbers are quite high. Many a time have people joked about how Beethoven would toss and turn in his grave whenever someone screws up his compositions. It is then considered a proud achievement if someone could actually wake him from the dead by playing horrendously. This I can unabashedly claim; it's a worthy title to crown my pianistic skills, if I even have any.

Actually, I'm hoping that he decides to walk into my exam room, throw me away from the piano, and continue my exam for me as if nothing strange happened. And then, I hope he kills the piano during the last chord of the final Bulgarian Dances. After all, what's the point of notoriety if you can't prove your title? He should at the very least show my contemporaries how to destroy pianos--Beethoven style. It's a useful way out of frustration. Anyway, I'd probably be saved from Quick Study (or sight reading) too.

Unfortunately, if he decides to come into the exam room and wave all his 32 piano sonatas in front of me, that'll be the end of yours truly. I've had enough with ONE sonata, what more thirty-two?

It's very depressing to note that 182 years and counting, Beethoven is still mass murdering music students. Mercy, I plead for (forgive Yoda talk).

LazyBones

2 Comment(s):

Mr Zech said...

Wasn't there someone who said suffering was vital to improving a musician's performance? (I'm sure Beethoven said this to justify his own work but then again someone else could have said it.) Good luck with your struggle.

Lii said...

Hello Zechariah!

Thanks. =D Really need the luck...

Unfortunately, I think I totally screwed up the entire programme. *Screams*

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top