RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Timeline

It seems a very looooong time since I've blogged. So today, I'm going to review what I've been doing since the past few weeks starting from the 29th of April. That day, I went for a G-Maths competition. It was held in Catholic High School. G-Maths is a mixture of Scrabble and simple arithmethics- with VERY restricted rules (to me). I was forced out of bed at 6.30 cause my father thought I would reach there late. We reached the school around 7.15 and I pointed out that it was too early and that no one would be there yet. My father was confused and asked the time I was supposed to reach there. I said 8.00. No wonder!!!!! He thought I was supposed to be there by 7.30. Oh well, since we were early, why not go for a drink? (By "drink" I don't mean "drink alcohol"). My father drank [coffee, I think] in a coffeeshop further down the road. About 7.30, we went back to the school. We reached there around 7.50 and I had to wait for Pn Khoo and the rest of my team (Shawn Ong, Gia Gin, Timothy [Sim]). The team members reached slightly after eight and we waited [outside the school] for Pn Khoo. I suggested going inside but those weird guys insisted on staying outside (SOME people are just beyond all understanding.....). Timothy met some old friends from his previous secondary school (Bukit Bintang). I saw some old friends too [from Taman Megah] like Sui Lyn, Hong Wei, Calwin and Jason Chen. Aargh....couldn't get a pic of Sui Lyn (she was in front the whole time absorbing useful information for this "highly strategic" game.

DJ played against Kelana Jaya, Damansara Utama and "dearest host" Catholic High School. My Taman Megah alumni were all against each other (Taman Petaling against Taman Sea and some other school). The games were played almost like the Scrabble one except that all the players from the same school couldn't sit together and had to move to another table. I sat on DJ's table after an "argument" with Gia Gin, who didn't want to move to another school's table too. We only played one game, which consisted of 8 rounds per person. Each person is given 30 seconds to place their tiles down on the board. This might seem like a short period of time to everyone who was not there to discover the dark secret about this......well, actually....there IS no such secret..the only secret I have to share is that my table seriously cheated aLOT!!!

All the teachers there were supposed to move to another school's table to judge so that nothing goes wrong or anything....There was this teacher whom I considered extremely scary at first. I thought she would be really strict on us. I was proven wrong.... My opponents also played an important role in making our game THE most FAKE GAME. There was this guy from SMKDU who was rather talkative [and kept "apple-polishing" our "judge"]. The rules were like this: once the player finished placing his/her tiles and the timer has rung, hold up the green flag. The DUrian told our judge that this was an advantage to everyone, so.....the epic skills used in our game.....: Delay putting up the green flag. Oh sure, people DID bug us to put up the green flag...but we sure did have fun having more time to think. Everyone in my game was happy. The F1 Catholic boy we played against was sporting and grateful enough not to tell the real judges about our plot. =)

I lost a turn in my first round cos' the number was a wrong value. Presuming that the number was 72 and I made use of the "7" there, it cannot have the value of number 7 itself, it has to have the value of "70". Anyway, I caught up and won the game. Shawn Ong got 2nd in his game, Tim and Gia Gin got 3rd in their games. The Catholic students were freaky, but here's the truth....they were all only Form 1s. The Catholic guy in my game got 2nd. My overall score was 206 points, 2nd player was 176 points [I think]. I found out later that Sui Lyn had 242 points and CALWIN HAD 282 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not really surprising though....he IS some kind of mathemathical robot.

The first team overall was :
1. Bandar Sri Utama
2. Kelana Jaya (WHATTHEHECK?!?!?! I JUST BEAT ONE OF THEIR PEOPLE BY @%$^$%& POINTS, HOW ON EARTH DID THEY GET 2ND?!?!?)
3. Catholic High School (AAAAAARGH!!! HOW? HOW? HOW?????????????????)
4. Taman Petaling (Sui Lyn's school)

The whole event ended before 12.

NEW SOUTH WALES
It was held in school....I made some silly mistakes like the DNA question.... didn't put the ruler nicely....NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

TUESDAY, 29th APRIL 2008.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top