RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Luck

I still can't get over Silkie's disappearance. I'm hoping to either find her or get another dog. Hopefully I can get a Shetland Sheepdog. I'm reserving the name "Hyphyx" (pronounced "high fix") for that dreamdog...if I get one. I hope I can still have a dog. After all, I AM rather lonely at home since there's no sibling to play with or talk to.

After Silkie left, I have this feeling that there is this "Guardian Dog" "protecting" me. Seriously, I really miss Silkie but I don't think it'll go this far, right? Maybe, Silkie will return home. Really hope so. Can't get over it.

Bye for n------Wait, my post seems too short to end right now.......!?!

There is nothing to post about here right now, except that just now, my family and I went to some restaurant we never tried out before. It was Carnaval near Atria. It's the place I always looked inside at, but always wondered what was different about that place. It seemed fairly isolated from the other restaurants or shops but everytime I looked inside, it was always nearly full. So here we are, trying out something old yet new to us.

It wasn't bad. It was good, actually. Good food. Good service. It was different from other places. Different concept. It was rather much like some buffet except that the waiters come out to give you choices. You choose whatever you like. The way they served was something like the dim sum style, except that everything was meat. Lamb meat, chicken ham, chicken gizzard, chicken sausage, garlic beef and others. I couldn't try out the gizzard though I've always wondered how it tasted like (and what it actually is....I've just found out). It's actually the part of a bird's stomach in which food is broken up into smaller pieces before being digested. My father said I couldn't eat it because it's too hard and will hurt my teeth. Not surprised here. My fork (metal) couldn't even poke through it.

The fried brinjal they had at the salad bar was quite nice. The salad place was more like buffet style. The most unique thing about this restaurant is that there is no menu at all. There is only a menu for drinks. The food is constant. Constant as in it doesn't change. But it's nice, so no complaints here.

I didn't really feel full in the end. The guy who introduced the concept to us told us to eat slowly. And that's exactly what I did. I think I chewed the mutton about more than 200 times. My teeth just couldn't penetrate and cut the meat into half. That sounds stupid but I've been famous for chewing things slowly among family members. When I was 5-6, I used to count how many times I chewed my rice. Let's just say the numbers are more than 100 bites before I swallow.......

As you can see, I was nowhere near full even after the full meal. No, I didn't spend the whole 2 hours just chewing the mutton.......I ate 3 garlic breads, 3 bites of spaghetti, 3 bites of rice, about 8 fried brinjals.........this listing down of whatever I eat is scaring me as I can see now that I eat a lot........Unfortunately, I'm not growing any taller......Actually I am, but really slowly.

SILKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top