RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Treasure Hunt

I woke up several times today, trying to crawl out of bed, my efforts in vain. When I finally managed to get out of it, it was 11.15 am. I went down to drink some milk [which is obviously not imported from China] and browsed through the newspaper. My slow morning mind was telling me it wasn't possible for the newspaper to come so early and walk into the house on its own. I noticed the sandwich my parents bought for me...but there was no one in the house.....Then, the phone rang...........


/////////////////////////////////////////////



Remember in my previous post, I asked for help from you guys, the ones who read my blog?? At the rate this is going, it's ok. You don't need to look for her anymore. The horrible truth is about to unfold.......But now you're asking, "Did Silkie die?". Maybe she did.........or maybe....something else happened........











MAYBE



































WE



























FOUND SILKIE!!!!!



















































YES!!!!!!!! You saw that right!!!!!!!!!!! We FOUND SILKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Through all those months!!!!!!!!!!! WE FOUND HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



GEE, KARMA IS GOOD!!!!!! I was JUST writing about her yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THE NEXT DAY, WE FOUND HER!!!!!!!!!!



And not just that!!!!!!!! We figured that for the past few weeks, we've been quite busy, so maybe Silkie was sent on a quest by someone up there to take refuge somewhere first.



Okay, so this was the true story....


My parents just came back from breakfast. My father was about to make some coffee and read the newspaper when


THE DOORBELL RANG!!!


[No, Silkie didn't press the doorbell, for goodness sake!!]



My newspaperman was back in front of my gate. My father thought he was there to collect money, but no!!

"Come, come!! You want to follow me go and see your dog now?", he said in M'sian slang.

So yea, my parents went along and found her.

Things got complicated at the house. My mum rang the bell and was greeted with a woman. She explained to the lady that Silkie was our dog which went missing about 2 months ago. And, as hardcore evidence Silkie was our dog, she called out to Silkie. UNfortunately, Silkie couldn't care less and merely ignored the call.


Alas, not all is lost!!



My father then got off the car and ORDERED Silkie to come to the gate and sit down. The black fuzzy dog obliged at once and came to the gate without hesitation. At that point, the lady knew she could trust my parents. She called her husband out and both of them invited my parents in to their house.

There, my parents could see that there were 2 other dogs present. A Maltese terrier and another dog they couldn't indentify (it was quite big....but shy!). There, they were surprised to learn that Silkie, eventhough she came in later than the other 2 dogs, was the head of the troop!!! The other dogs followed her everywhere and copied whatever she did!! The couple also commented about Silkie being the cleverest of the lot. She'd enter the cage whenever she was told to do so and the other dogs, all of which hated to enter the cage, would follow her. Whenever she was given a snack and the other dogs wanted a piece of it, she'd run under the car and eat in peace because the other dogs didn't know how to run under the car!!!!! They named her "Daisy".
They also told my parents how they got Silkie. Actually, when she was lost, she followed this man everywhere he went. He saw "how cute" this dog was and took it home, where he called people to see if they wanted a dog. Nobody wanted one, so he gave it to his brother, the man in the house.

My parents learnt that the couple was actually quite elderly, although they didn't look like it. The lady was a transporter for one of the DJ vans and she said she sends Andrea, the prefect (though the information given was quite vague as there are 2 Andrea prefects in DJ).

Now, we're celebrating Silkie's return.
I'd like to thank everyone out there who held out hope for my family and I, especially my newspaperman. What goes around, comes around. I'd also like to thank the couple for taking good care of Silkie and being co-operative enough to give her back to us. Someone up there is looking after our dog too, and I'd like to attribute the whole story to Him.

It's the small things in life that give its purpose.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top