RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bloggone Mad

Look around you. 3 out of 5 people you know probably has a blog. And have you ever wondered WHY?

Okay, maybe the question backfired against myself, but I DO have a valid reason. Ever since last year's busy holidays, I've been getting caught up in weird situations which I just have to blog about. In a nutshell, I blog about what I do and think for future references. I'm basically almost studying my own fate, which, sadly, makes up for most of the allegations stating that I'm a nerd.

But really, come to think of it....why DO we create a blog? If you inspect the current situation as it is, you'll find that most 14 and 12-year olds have blogs. Maybe I'm wrong as the numbers I have could be just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe not. Most bloggers in the country come from the same state. This is definitely proof that it isn't really a mad, out-of-whack trend in other countries (I might stand corrected).

Well, in this case, we settle for "kids have a whole lot of things to babble about". Is this true? I don't think so.

Surely, while reading someone's blog, there's that profound statement which clearly projects the meaning "I have nothing to write today", "Nothing happened today", "Shortest post ever!" or maybe even the crowning statement that propels the particular blog to stardom : "My friend forced me to update".

Gee wiz, nothing to post? Then don't post anything. I mean...apart from stalkers, who wants to read a teeny post? And heck, why are people so pushy for their friends to update their blogs? I mean, nobody forces ME to update this apparently-dead-for-one-month blog. (Ok, ok, maybe that's because my posts keep people occupied for several weeks since they are like the final-year thesis). I mean, I know it's not a problem, but it just got me wondering about how people think.

Is it really that nice to own a blog and repeatedly insert this line "I have nothing to write"?

[Is it really that nice to criticise other people's habits and thoughts?]

Oops?

Er, let me clarify my point. I'm not criticising. I'm pointing out the crisis the future generation is about to face.

This is the average conversation between the average teen and the parent (provided they even have average conversations) :

Parent: How was school today?
Child : Fine.
Parent: What did you do?
Child : Nothing.
Parent: Did you have any homework?
Child : I don't know.

Compare that communication problem with this booming catastrophe (in the future, definitely not during Obama's reign) :

Reporter : Mr President, how did the summit go today?
President: Fine.
Reporter : What did you discuss?
President: Nothing.
Reporter : Does this mean that the world is on the brink of a nuclear disaster?
President: I don't know.


Dialogue above taken from Jerry Zezima's article in the RD's Laughter's the Best Medicine Collection

Tragic.

So you see, the main point is "Speak out".



Not "Don't own a blog if you chickenheads
can't think of anything better to write".


Don't let the conversation above become a reality.

You're seriously doggone mad if you dismiss the miscommunication above as if it were just a buzzing mosquito. It could be a mosquito carrying a new strain of viral infections.

It would be more literal to get over the prospect that the Internet is "Where People See My Secrets" and change it to "Where I Speak Out and Change the World" (We need change!). Or maybe you just don't want to end up like Mr RPK of M'sia.

Either way, We Need Change.

Get over the bloggone madness.

Offended (Maybe not?) Bataians, please please please get my marks for me, thanks.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top