RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Golden Age (Happy Birthday, Papa)

27th November 2008

Today was my father's 50th birthday. He has lived to see half a century and a million changes in the world (you can make that a BILLION). It is now fit to call him the sage who sits upon a mountain and aids all those who come to seek his advice. But dear me, he's not THAT old. It's not like he even LOOKS like one of those wise men who dwell on the sharp ridges that line the mountains' cut-off-from-the-world look.

We celebrated his birthday the whole day--without him, save the last 3 hours of dinner. It's sad to know he has to work on his birthday. Just like when I found out my first term exam fell on my birthday. But there was a lucky turn back then, since the school authorities changed the exam dates after that.

We took Shane and his family to Sunway Lagoon whereby we spent 5 hours frolicking in the water (12-5). Of course the experience was different with family members who are not my age. It felt great again to be yelling at people and be judged as "correct" since the victim is a little 4-year-old kid running to a deep pool. It was fun to be playing in the kids' pool again and this time be looked upon as responsible. (Although I DID abuse my rights since I squeezed into kids' slides. Hey, I can fit!! Then, some other teenagers wanted to try out their luck on the same slide but was stopped by the "lifeguard" there.

After that, we went to see the tigers again. Right when we arrived at the den, a tiger (hungry, maybe?) jumped out to the side of the den and started walking on the ridge that lined the border of the den (within the iron bars). We tried to take pictures of it, but it kept moving so fast. It moved about in circles many many times but wouldn't stay still for even 2 seconds. Once, it entered the water and suddenly jumped out in our direction, flinging water all over us. Uncle Michael kept yelling at us to flee for our hygiene. Why? According to him, the tiger wants to pee and tigers in zoos or caged up are known to pee outside the cage (at visitors). Well, for the sake of photography, I didn't budge but persisted. At one point, I was near yelling at the beast to stay still for at least a picture. Well, it did. Surprising.....and this proves that homosapiens are not the only intelligent inhabitants of this planet.

We drove off at 5.30 and rush hour was so bad that even when our home was nearby, it took 2 freaking hours to get back.

We had our dinner at Armada Hotel. Even though I only had 3 plates of food, I felt full. I think I ate too fast. Cold hard cash wasted.

Aah!! One more week to Changsha!! Woohoo!!!

Happy Birthday, Papa!!! I love you!!

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top