RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Monday, November 24, 2008

The Wedding Dinner

Hey, remember the post with the crazy dancer? (Scroll down...or open a new tab HERE). Finally, I've been able to prove that I am, in fact, a left-brainer!!! If you are having trouble with the directions (let's hope you're not mentally challenged....), all you have to do to switch the direction of the dancer is by concentrating on the reflection of the dancer (altering the direction by focusing on the reflection). The illusion is just turning right and left while the dimensions, front or back, is for our minds to decide. And that depends on our brains. But, gee.....if you already know how to control the movement of the dancer (like Timothy....okay, well NOW I can control it too), the purpose of the illusion is gone. If you do wish to go back to knowing what brained you are, relax yourself, close your eyes, and see the magic after opening again. Don't concentrate on which direction you want it to move to. Go with the flow. Pretty neat, actually.

Today was my uncle's wedding. There were no traditional procedures here since they wanted to keep the wedding simple. So they only had a wedding dinner. And yes, this was a really unique wedding, albeit some entertaining distractions (well, actually the distractions made the wedding unique!).

As we all know (maybe not ALL...), my cousins from Canada came over about 2 weeks before. And now, my cousins from Singapore are joining us! There's Evangel (2) Shane (4), Xian (7), Han Jie (14) and me. So there are currently 2 troublemakers, an angle, a far-fetched photographer and a good boy in the company. You can bet on the drama.

When I reached PJ Hilton (it's the name of a hotel), I was greeted by a hyper little Xian. He was persuading me to drink Coke and handed me one glass. Warm greeting, huh?

Then, there's the controversial "ceramic" box that holds the butter cakes. The so-called "ceramic" box, is actually edible!! My aunt figured that out!! But if everyone thought the box was ceramic, how come only she had the odd idea of trying to eat it? Maybe she's contributing to the few numbers of Asian people who mystify the Westerners with their odd diet (you know, glass, soil, clay and all those)......Or maybe the newly wedded couple told her.

Let's just skip everything (including the photography and all) and skip to the food. Well...not to the food. REWIND!! The bride and bridegroom are making their way to their table. Pesky me. I was the only immature amateur photographer snapping pictures of anything and everything.



The bride and bridegroom.I especially like this picture. It's different.....and unique.
At their dinner table.

The food was really nice. The Japanese styled fried rice and dessert were great. Oh well, a cousin is coming out soon.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top