RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Friday, November 14, 2008

School Report 2008

This has been, I might say, one of the most progressive years in my life. Although there were some major disappointments, there were also some things that I never would have done if I didn't come to DJ, not to mention some things that would never have happened if I were not placed in 2 Batai.

Since the beginning of the year, I always had the strong perception that my class had the highest level of English prowess in the whole form. Boy, was I right!! When we were asked on who wants to represent the class in debating, more than half the class raised their hands, unlike the other classes, who had to be handpicked. Apart from that, our class's competitiveness was crazy. Everyone's percentage was so close it was hard to fathom what position one might be getting.

Then, there were 3 Bataians out of 4 Scrabblers who were chosen to represent the school for the inter-school competition (State level). Being one of the Scrabblers, the experience has really made me aware of the capabilities of others. And that was just the beginning of the road.

There was another competition I was supposed to join anyway, but it was canceled because the morning session teachers objected the participation due to odd reasons.

And there was the G-Maths competition too. It was a new game only up to form 2s and was just introduced this year. Our team, which lacked practice, surprisingly did quite alright. I was the most shocked though. We didn't even practice and I won in my game, beating Kelana Jaya, DU and Catholic High School. I also met several old school friends from Taman Sea, who did quite well in the competition as well.

Also, not forgetting New South Wales.....I sat for the Science and English papers. Both passed with a Distinction (FREAK, NOOO !!).

Okay, honestly, this whole year wasn't made for competitions only. Some major setbacks included the infamous Scrabble Case and my notoriety for missing a few prefect meetings. This had NOTHING whatsoever to do with leadership. Blast those conservative mindsets!!

Plus, I have broken a loooong record of straight As starting from 2006.

Geography: 78

Ta-da!! One of my favourite subjects stabbed my back!! I can't believe my History actually got higher than my geography!!!!

And so, this year ends withOUT a jackpot position: 2|2|4

Friends : They are those people who sit with you in class and talk non-stop until the teacher accuses you of being "a bad student" and blacklists you. (Right....so it doesn't go THAT far...)

A great example of the definition on top, albeit being exaggerated, is Sha Lynn. She sat with me since the beginning of mid-term and have been a constant entertainment to the likes of my similar mind. Both of us have been constantly laughing about Mr Rosdi's funny accent and fooling around during his lessons (he didn't see, of course).

A more suitable and less exaggerated example would be Chi Han, who loves to criticise the teachers' rash behaviours as much as I do. And of course, there's Cassandra and Ghee Ken, who, when talking about random stuffs, go on to the extent of screaming at each other. Yes, it's a class specialty, especially when nearby prefects like Ishwin and I barge in for fun and control it (this is where shouting goes out of control and prefects become the target), but it also provides solid evidence that librarians, regardless of ranks, are plain nuts.

Then, there are my vertebrae in school. My friends who have helped me through those hard times when I felt like throwing a pie at the teachers' faces. They gave me strength and at the very most, gave me the confidence I needed when things went topsy-turvy (especially during July!).

Among those I'd like to thank personally are Cassandra, Joseph, Chi Han and Caryn.

But don't freak out and think you're not helpful just because your name isn't there in the list. These are just the names of people who got tangled in my web of trouble. And by that, I mean that they are those who shared my troubles and went through a lot to get us out of it. Moral support goes to Chi Han and Caryn, who have definitely had a patient heart to bear with my moping.

Then, I'd have to thank Ghee Ken too since he gave me the competitive drive. That guy is just so kiasu. Explains why he got top 1% in the country for NSW English paper. Drats. Thanks anyway. If I didn't know you, I wouldn't be a Scrabblemanic now! Oh, and not to mention the Scrabble crew. Okay fine...so I don't know all of them that well. But they certainly gave the little competitive boost I needed to get up there.

Ah, not to forget, all those times our class experienced together : The time Encik Rosdi, my BM teacher, came to school with his disco shirt, the time our class monitor was caught for stealing a teacher's handphone, those hardships we faced as one.....Yeap, all those nostalgic times that could only happen in 2 Batai 2008. Refreshing.

Overall, coming through this year has made me a stronger person in terms of mentality and confidence. Maybe it was the new people I have met that opened my eyes and mind to the world. Thank you, everyone whose life crossed paths with mine this year.

Thank you so much.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top