RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm Not Associated.....

Joy, oh joy!! I made it into the Nostalgia editorial board again!! Cassandra and Sha Lynn didn't, though. Actually, Cas would have gotten in. As I figured out later, Samantha said during the meeting that being old members, we didn't need to reapply. (Excuse me? I wrote the darn essay for nothing?!!). Ghee Ken, Shu Wen and I were in the English department. There are only 6 people in the department (how sad is that?? It used to be close to ten...). Samantha went for Business/Production. Joseph (Graphics?) and Jonathan(??) were inside too though I'm not so sure about their departments.

Well, I just realised I'm getting more attached to my school nowadays.

For example, I decided to join the prefectorial board once more--only to resign myself the next day! You see, after I went home, my parents promptly said that I could not join this year. They found that "prefecthood" was my main source of stress. Eventhough I go to school waaaaay before 7.10 am, there is this tendency to panic one hour before that. If I were to get to school at, let's say, 6 o'clock, I'd start panicking at 5.15. If I were a normal student, I couldn't care less even if my clock shows 5.59. Paradoxically, the panic attack makes me reach school later than if I were calm. Somehow, miracles happen; as a student, I'd reach a destination at 6 even if I left the house at 5.59. Slick.

I was the only one from my year who applied for the job. There were only 5 other applicants who were Form 4s. After I quit, Keefe (in charge of late-comers) still kept thinking I was late as I arrived during "duty time". I don't blame him. The only 2 prefects who knew the decision on the first day I quit were Jian Nee and Jayshendra. I was told by Jayshendra that this is actually the best time to join. "You don't have a chance in Form 4", he said. Yeah, I could see that too. Everyone was going to apply in Form 4. And, there's a 99% get-through chance this year, where applicants are so few.

I joined the Interact club for several [good] reasons. Firstly, my parents said it was good (it's not actually that active in my school). Secondly, I never go for sport's practice nor St. John's since they don't do anything there. Thirdly, there are many functions and dinners in the Interact club (or so I've heard). That means more trips to hotels (yay)!!

High chance I'd join Scouts next year. Cas said "don't join this year". It's going to be a busy one, with the addition of our public exam. I don't know if it's true, but senior scouts "get less work" compared to junior ones. If that's the case, I'm joining Scouts.

Oh okay, let's go back to the magazine editorial board. Apparently, there will be major changes in the way articles are written now. There would be less "grandmother stories". And there should be a theme.....Right, who wants to suggest a theme for the school magazine?

Madam Tan and form teacher Pn Nomi has given me some advice on "How to be a Good Treasurer". Listen up if you want to be one!!!

1. Bug all the students to pay up. Literally chase them. They deserve the tyrannic treatment. Even prefects. [Diabolical laughter] If they fail to hand over the money within the day you acknowledged them, pretend to have a fit in front of them. Don't forget to froth at your mouth and wriggle about like you're possessed. The money will suddenly appear out of thin air. You might even get sincere donations from the concerned public.

2. If your debtors try to act like madmen (if they aren't already one) to retaliate, call the counselor over ASAP. These people need immediate counseling. Perform this task quickly. Your life's in danger here.

3. Get envelopes ready. You may need them to keep your money. If you can't get any envelopes, bring along your piggy bank. Ignore rude stares from friends. Money is precious, even if it means killing trees.

4. Prepare a notebook. Teachers don't want you to bribe them during exams. Make sure you include a column for your recipients to sign. Neither of you want to lose track of payments. If you bribe people, this is extremely important as it ensures you that your agreement is not forgotten and so, you are not cheated. Remember to hide your notebook away from friends. If they found out you were bribing, ohoho......

That reminds me. Have you ever wondered why of all things, money is made from trees? Money is just paper. Apparently, you spend money to kill more trees to get more money. Now, how dumb is that?

OH GOD...I SAW SCOTT AND HIS FAMILY IN GIANT SHOPPING COMPLEX!!!!

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top