RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Friday, January 23, 2009

Something to Talk About

Oh what a wonderful week this has been!!

Correction: Not THAT wonderful.

On Tuesday, the interclass debate became an instant hot topic among fellow Form 3s. I was the class's representative to get the details and the form. Good heavens, I thought only 4 people from my class were interested in it including me. When I went back to class to inform them about the upcoming debate, you should have seen how many ghostly hands went up. I could've sworn there were only 4 raised the last time!!! Roughly 10 hands shot up and Maths teacher Madam Tan looked quite bewildered. After telling the motion to the class, Wan Jyn asked why the heck we were the Opposition. Well, we didn't choose. We flipped a coin and got Opposition (courtesy of Alynna, who flipped the coin on my behalf). Then, Madam Tan gave us a lecture on some things only a Batai-an should know. It was too embarrassing and only God knows why we were dumb enough to view things from that different perspective.

On Wednesday, the debating team was up. Happy, happy, yay, yay. Nothing much happened in school except for more wild-goose chasing. My class farm just wouldn't pay up their overdue money. FoWl play (it's a FARM, remember?).

Later that day, I went for my first Interact Club meeting. Apparently, I figured out that Interact actually stands for International Act. So, you don't "interact" in the Interact Club, unlike what people think. When the Rotarian (Senior Interact member above...eh....18) was about to pass on the speech to our Interact head, he fainted. Or something like that. We thought he was leaning aside to let Thasban, our head, pass through. It was when he nearly hit the water tap behind him did we realise he fainted. And, it happened in front of my table. Fascinating.

On Thursday, debate fever got us all. We were desperately trying to "uphold Batai's legacy". Really, if you look at DJ's debating history, most debaters were once Batai-ans. Yeah, we rock (I hope).

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top