RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Entertainer

If I were to blog about this week, it would be about how I managed to juggle my time as The Entertainer for MAC, the "highlight" of the year, as well as managing to conquer Mount Homework (after many failed attempts to do so). That would make my post seem lifeless because, as you can guess, what other things does it involve other than skipping lessons?

The only interesting incident (which I missed out on) was seeing the "masterpiece" of the 4 Belian madmen, who constantly invade our classroom, since they are one of the "floating classes". Poor Sha Lynn and gang.

Apparently, their boys played a belated April Fool's prank on our class monitor's (and gang's) books by interlocking a pair of textbooks together (and applying glue on "strategic pages" to make sure both books never come off). I wonder why I never thought of that as a prank to play on others.

Anyway, today was the special day for all the nerds of the school, who took the limelight in the hall. The day I perform for those nerds like some maniac. The same goes for Yean Yi and Rachel, but I think I was the worst nut of all.

The violin performance wasn't well coordinated and I don't think everyone heard us. Geez, both of us violinists were supposed to get our own mic. But because Pn Cecilia thought we overpowered the singers, we were reduced to one mic for both, and ended up being so soft that no one could hear us.

We changed like crazy after our violin performance. Thanks to Mel's long-sleeved shirt, I could cheat my time and I ended up changing the fastest (eventhough I took my own sweet time to walk to the toilet), with an extra 5 minutes to spare before the choir's next performance. (Zi Ying pointed out that I could run with heels on. Never really noticed that myself since my heels are "quite short"). No sarcasm intended.

The choir went well, but Timothy said our diction for the English song was terrible. (Choir members, this is feedback from the audience......).

For those who weren't there to perform or receive any prizes.....hmmm, that's odd. Why would they want to turn up in school at all?

Let's review the statistics. All the classes only have 2-15-studens present. What about 3 Batai? 26 pupils. Now, this really forces us to reconsider placing this (weird) class as "the smartest class". Especially when oddballs like Timothy, Shafiq and Cassandra are about. (Oh, and me too....)

Eventhough we didn't do much in school because the teachers are eating..........I felt really amused and even glad that I turned up. Why? All thanks to the weird nuts.

It all started during recess. The performers and the oustanding students got to eat free food. And because I don't eat chicken (yes, I'm a pescetarian), I had to cajole Timothy to eat my chicken (and the rest of my rice) for me. Then all of a sudden, he became crazy and accused me of "trying to take over the world by forcing everyone to become fat". According to him, once everyone gets fat, they can't chase me otherwise they'll die of a heart attack. And he alleged me of trying to "make him fat". Goodness, Timothy exercises for more than 2 hours a day and he says he'll get fat??

Then, he went on talking about lots of illusionary crap and eventually ended up with stories of his old school. He kept saying his old school was "so stupid". There was this malay guy who actually came up to him and asked: "Timothy, kamu Portugis, kan?" (Timothy, you're a Portugese, aren't you?). Holy crap! His surname is SIM! TIMOTHY SIM. Not some long, english-like name. It's extremely obvious that Tim's a CHINESE.

And after that, the same guy asked: "Timothy, "Sim" tu maksud apa?" (Timothy, what does "Sim" mean?). *Bangs head*.

And for another time, the same guy got a 20-something mark for his maths exam. Do you know what he asked his teacher?

"Am I the highest?"
Teacher: From the bottom, or from the top?

Man, he really got Shu Wen and I howling with laughter. The people around us must have thought we were out of our minds. Well, that was probably what Calvin and Kelvin thought. XP. They were both sitting opposite us (at different times) and were tracking our conversation from Scrabble to those nonsensical topics. (Kelvin plays scrabble too! Yay!). I must say poor Timothy has finally lost it.

It was Cassandra and Shafiq's turn when we went back to class (in 3 Belian). We combined with Belian and Semarak. Shafiq was initially showing us stupid/amusing card tricks which had something to do with heartbeats. I'm really terrible at card tricks and so, I found his trick highly interesting. Unfortunately, he wouldn't say a thing about his secret trick as it was "using his own heartbeat".

Cassandra finally made a breakthrough by changing the topic into "dares". She dared Shafiq to "confess his love" for the teacher in front of the class. He brushed it off as an easy stunt. Obviously easier than what he was about to dare Cas.

In the end, Cas had to do star-jumps from Pn Lam's class all the way up to the end of the coridor, which means embarassing herself in front of the other teachers.

She didn't finish the feat anyway, but she did embarass herself a lot in front of Pn Lam's class.

The public phone in the school has also joined in the mad fun. All it said the whole time was : "Error: Failed to read card" or something along that line. As Cas and I were wandering elsewhere to look for a functional phone, Cas freaked a Form 4 guy out.

"Hi, human".

I think he was a little too freaked out as he let us use the phone first. And we found out that this phone booth was completely dead. Cas continued to freak the poor guy out and even told him he looked like a certain scrabble freak we know of.

Poor human.

I ended up using Iman's handphone. Oops. Don't say anything, okay? (Phones not allowed.....)

Oustanding moments written down. Now, I can clean my natural hard disk.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top