RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Turmoil

Ignore the title for the time being and allow a moment of laughter.

What would you do if a friend broke a trophy you've earned?
A. Cry
B. Put up a fight
C. Request for a new one
D. Blame the school for giving out lousy trophies
E. Laugh


As dumb/weird as it seems, I laugh.

For example:
On Monday, Cassandra accidentally (mis)placed my Maths quiz trophy on the edge of my table, causing it to fall 1000 metres under the sea XD. It broke into two pieces seconds before my Maths teacher walked into the classroom. While the whole class made primitive howls and groans and gasps, I sat there calmly, staring at my trophy.

Laughing.

Yes, laughing.

The fragile trophy is broken, why am I laughing??

I'm not very sure about that myself, but think of it this way: Now, I can live happily ever after and tell everyone about the heroic adventures of my trophy, how it fell to its doom, how it was saved in the end.......Something like that. I wouldn't want to waste my time hating the school for giving such lousy trophies to the students, nor do I wish to blame a friend who made my trophy's life more epic and exciting.

And, just as I've read somewhere, if you accept your current situation, things work out well. In the end, (thanks to the lousy trophy), the broken part could actually be fixed back to normal (how worthy). And I've got a bonus. My trophy now makes an odd clicking sound which I can use to annoy people or maybe even play it as an instrument. NOW, my trophy harbours rich experiences the others didn't get. Serves you right, people. Go break your trophies!!

Oh, about the quizzes.....There were the Maths and Science categories. Out of 6 winners, 3 Batai swept 5 spots. Hallelujah!!! We completely sabotaged both the quizzes. Only the winner for the Maths quiz hailed from Balau (Ghee Ken). Angeline and I secured the other 2 spots for Maths. You should've heard the teacher's voice when she announced the Science winners.

"Adrian John Leong [something something] from 3 Batai.......Lim Jon Zhen, also from 3 Batai.......and Wong Wan Jyn.....ALSO from 3 Bataiiiii......"

She was getting bored of mentioning our class and was delighted when she saw 3 Balau's name.

First for Maths was Gheek, second was me, third was Angeline.

Okay, so it's not a very good achievement after all. I blame myself for being careless [as well as the school for not specifying certain things]. I could've got that idiotic Science quiz prize too if it weren't for stupid mistakes! Darndarndarndarndarn. I lost to Wan Jyn by ONE mark. Pht.

Back in class [after my trophy's resurrection], Cas was talking to me about the positions in a competition.

Cassandra
Me

The only problem with the 3 medals is the silver medal.
Oh really? Why?
If you got the bronze, you can say, "At least I got something." If you got the gold, you'll say, "At least I won the whole thing." But if you get the silver, all you can say is, "I ALMOST won."
No, that's not true. If I get the silver medal, I can always say, "At least I got the nicest colour among all three medals!"

Well, silver goes well with turqouise trophies. Yeah, the trophies are turqouise. Transparent turquoise. The best part is.....it's "scratchy"! Something similar to the likes of frosted glass. Good thing I like that texture.

During choir practice on the same day, I managed to manipulate Zi Ying's thoughts. She was busy killing plants when I told her about some scientific mumbo jumbo about caterpillars and how they devour the plant from within. Then came the ridiculous part when I told her she might have baby caterpillars on her hands. Melissa helped the psychological attack and Zi Ying quickly ran off to wash her hands. Manipulative people like me would ask her to washed between her nails in case caterpillars........*eatyourcuticle* do something too obnoxious to be mentioned here.

Bright moments aside.........

There seems to be something that's irritating me a lot since the start of this week. Various people are digging their graves in my heart. One of them is, you can guess, Pn Nomi. Gosh, she is starting to really get on my nerve. Thank goodness the fire drill ate up 10 minutes of her lesson. Only. Oh, Bossy, Irritating, Tainted Chicken-Head. Read the initials if you didn't get it.

Apart from her, the new government is really egging me now. I'm not supposed to say much, but you get the point. THEY'RE NOT CHANGING THE EDUCATION SYSTEM!!!!!! [And loads of other disturbing facts about the PM].

I don't know what I've been doing lately, but a strange feeling has popped up all of a sudden. 2 strange feelings, actually.

-----------------------

They don't notice,
Only because they don't know.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top