RSS Feed

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Stumble

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How 2008 Rocked Us

[I'll try and keep this short.]

2008 has been a memorable year. The world has undoubtedly begun its process of changing itself, for better or for worse.

2 Batai 2008 (Review)
School's been really weird this year. Many unexpected things turned up. People went nuts for no specific reasons.
Complaints
Hysteric


Okay, there's just too many odd events to list out. July's one is the best.

Leap for Joy
There were countless unique things about this year. Firstly, it was a leap year!! Yay, let's all leap with joy!!! I planned to make this extra day (Feb 29, obviously) memorable by trying to ring the alarm in my house. This would surely make me the most famous kid on the block. I'd be renowned for the authenticity of my idea and the nickname "The Kid Who Cried Wolf" would be bestowed upon me with pride. Nobody would remember it anyway after 3 years. There is no anniversary for this child's play.

Political Catastrophe
You can't call it a political tsunami after all. The effects and even the aftermath is devastating. The victims (BN) have not fully recovered from their losses yet, which is great to country. DEMOCRATS RULE.

Call it THE Political Joke, A Comic Strip.

And.....what could be worse than OPPOSITION NOT TAKING OVER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT????? I was hoping like mad hours before 916!!!!

Nation's Progress Report

Natural Disasters
We were hit with many staggering truths about our changing world. Blue is the "new green" that we must also conserve. We have been faced with many natural disasters this year, with the rising number of earthquakes and all. The year ended (in my country) with a landslide in Bukit Antarabangsa, killing several people.

Silkie's Lost
Silkie got lost in July and was miraculously found again on September 28. [Pictures of Silkie.] During her "lost period", I think I've came across to everyone as really odd. Muttons[Restaurant Luck]....

Essays
I poked fun at an essay. Very unusual as this was based on "scientific facts".

Meals
Pantai Restaurant
This is probably one of the worst meals this year. Luckily, it was saved by my aunt's great humour.
Too Much
Ice

080808 Beijing Olympics
China managed to obtain a staggering 51 gold medals, the 34th medal being the one won against Malaysia's very own Lee Chong Wei. Chong Wei still made it into Malaysia's records as being the first to earn the country a medal in the Olympics. He was granted Datukship (similar to that of the British knighthood) later. On the same day as China's 34th golden achievement, Michael Phelps, the world's greatest contemporary swimmer, broke the previous record when he obtained his 8th gold medal, beating Mark Spitz, a former swimming champion too. I followed Alexandria to Petrosains on the same day. The Beijing Olympics closing ceremony was just as spectacular as the opening ceremony.

School's Competitive Stand
On the same day as the Olympics closing ceremony, my school went for a choir competition. Not surprisingly, Seafield emerged as the champion. Ever since the Scrabble competition, everything has to get tangled up with Seafield. Sigh.

Scrabble Scabs
Thanks to my mum and Khoo Ghee Ken, my whole mind is completely distorted with thoughts of Scrabble now. The competition on the 19th of April has accelerated the changing of my perspective on the world. I only started looking through my scrabble options after joining 2 back-to-back tournaments (held one week after the other) : the MSA National Youth Scrabble Championship and MSA National Scrabble Tournament (Open). Those weren't even my plans in the beginning. Truth be told, I had no idea my mum signed me up for those.

As for the "Scabs", you ask? Read this. The last few paragraphs suck. Big time.

Epoch-making Moments
Opposing Malaysia's political status is America. Their nation has by large proven that race is not an obstacle to be a leader. President-elect Barack Obama has not only crossed the barrier of race but surpassed all expectations throughout the campaign leading to the election. He has immortalized himself by becoming America's 44th president and the first black president.

ALL HAIL OBAMA.

A Great Trip
I want to go back to Changsha.

Last but not least,

HAPPY NEW YEAR

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Down Back to Top